Thursday, December 1, 2016

My Reasons to Believe

Do you believe in God?  If so, do you know why?  If not, why not?  Quite simply, here are the reasons why I believe:

1- He answers prayers!
My mom prayed for a husband and the Lord spoke to my dad and told him he was going to marry Phyllis Kellar!

2- He provides for our needs.
God has sent people with food when we were hungry or given money at the exact right time.

3. His Word is True.
The science in the Bible is correct and the prophecies contained therein have come and are coming true.

4. You can feel His Presence.
If you pray and seek Him, He will show Himself to you through a feeling that can't be explained.

5. He speaks through promptings. or a "still, small voice". 
It's not all the time but sometimes if we listen really closely we can hear something deep inside telling us something we need to know.

6. Protection
There have been times where an accident was avoided by a second or in the case of my family: one time my mom was upset about not getting a particular house... a week or two later it burned down!

7. Healings
My dad shouldn't be able to walk (since he was injured as a teen).  The eye doctor told me I shouldn't have an eye and that I "must have a guardian angel". My brother died three times and shouldn't be as smart as he is.

8. Inexplainable Peace
Simply put, there is a wholeness and completeness that only comes from a relationship with the Lord.




No comments:

Post a Comment