Thursday, September 2, 2010

It's almost here! Come on, fall!!!

Yes, it's September!  And I can already feel it in the air - autumn is coming!  What a glorious time!  I don't know if I've ever heard anyone say, "I hate fall."  I'm sure some people do, but I love it!

The summer was fun, but with the long, hot days, and active children, it can be challenging.  I'm not sure I would want to live in a year-round warm climate.

I look forward to wearing jackets (fleece particularly), wearing jeans, and maybe a new pair of boots.  In having small children things are constantly new to them.  My girls remember playing in the leaves last year, but they look forward to finding pumpkins, wearing costumes, and eating candy!  I too look forward to these things.

Our county fair is coming soon too!  The kids in our school have off the last Friday of the fair and get unlimited rides with admission!  I can't wait to see their excited faces and find out what rides they can go on this year!

Our church has its own concession booth at the fair.  I was asked to work in it, but can't because of the girls' schedule.  I will be baking brownies and making whatever else is needed.

I know fall comes and goes quickly - it's like springs' quiet sister - but I will enjoy it for what it's worth.  And I hope it will be cool in temperature, despite the heat this summer!

Bring on the hayrides, amusement, and candy apples!  And maybe throw in some hot apple cider as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment